Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ring ring ring

My liberry does not have an official use of cell phone policy within the liberry. I ask people if they need a private place for their phone call that I would provide one...outside usually. Sometimes they say they don't need a private place so then I say, your call is disturbing people around you, please take your call outside. Well yesterday, this man's cell phone kept ringing and ringing. Every time he answered it he'd say "Hello? Hello? Hello?" then he'd hang up. Seconds later the phone would ring again! And he'd say "Hello? Hello?" and each time he said Hello louder than the last. After the 4th or 5th time of this (I kept thinking he would figure out that maybe, just maybe he should turn the phone off. But nooooooooooooo) I walk up to him and say, "Sir, please turn your phone off, or turn it on vibrate." He starts yelling at me..."I don't know who it is that keeps calling!" I say, "I don't want to know who is calling, I want you to turn your phone off so it will stop ringing." He says, "I wait and wait at home for someone to call and the phone never rings, when I get to the liberry, the damn phone won't stop ringing." "That is precisely why I want you to turn off your phone!" Sheesh! I don't know what he did, but it didn't ring anymore after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment