Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kids never learn!

Several bikes were stolen from the liberry in recent weeks. Today, one of the kids whose bike was stolen, saw it chained to the liberry bike rack. He and his buddies tracked down the alleged thief in the liberry who I will call "Clueless". Something is definitely wrong with Clueless but I can't begin to tell you what that is. By the time I heard about the bike and the thievery, Clueless had already tagged the men's restroom and had a stern lecture by our custodian AND had cleaned up the tagging under the watchful eye of our custodian. But the thing that really ticked me off was the boys who owned the stolen bike. They watched Clueless like little hawks, not letting him out of their sight. Some of our staff had even called liberry security to come out to our liberry (30 min. drive) to handle the situation. But honestly? By the time the liberry security arrived, the boys had confronted Clueless, gotten the lock combination from Clueless, and had ridden their bike home. Later in the day, the same boys rode their bike back to our liberry, had deposited their bikes at the front door of the liberry, UNLOCKED! oooohhhhh I was so mad at them! Our liberry staff had already spent way too much work time with them trying to get their bike back from Clueless. I couldn't believe that they would not lock the bikes up after all the drama! I told them not to expect any help from liberry staff next time if their bikes got stolen again. If it gets stolen in the future, they get no sympathy from me, not one drop...

No comments:

Post a Comment