Friday, June 17, 2011

RIP

Mr. P. passed away a week or so ago. When Mrs. P. told me, she was in tears. Mr. P. was from Colombia. And he used to talk with me in Spanish so I could practice. He would say to me, "Un placer verte". It means, "A pleasure to see you." I never forgot that simple little phrase, I say it alot now. He was often so drunk when he came into the liberry he would stagger and at those times I worried for his safety and others on the street. One time in the liberry, during one of his inebriated states, he kissed me! I was shocked! Obviously I was close enough to him, but not that close! As I remember it, we were standing at the computers, I must have been helping him or something and WHAMO he caught me by surprise and just planted one on my cheek, very close to but not on my mouth! Needless to say, I quickly moved away from him and made damn sure I was never that close to him again! One other time, he told me a story about growing up in Colombia and to this day I wonder if the story is true...I kinda believed him. He told me when he was a little boy, he managed to take a penguin home from the zoo, and he kept it in his bath tub, with ice until his mother made him take the penguin back. hmmmmmm.... Yeah, a little far-fetched, isn't it? I will miss him. By the way, I didn't tell Mrs. P. about the time he tried to kiss me in the liberry. RIP, Mr. P. Fue un placer conocerte.

No comments:

Post a Comment